To all Rotarians in Rotary International District 6990 –
Please consider this, per the Rotary District 6990 Manual of Procedure
(Article III, Section B.3), as the official call and request that Rotary
clubs in District 6990 put forward names of qualified candidates for
consideration by the Nominating Committee to serve as Governor for the
Rotary year 2019-2020.
Submission of names shall be by club resolution (signed by the candidate’s
club president and club secretary) and shall have attached:
1) a statement and resume of the candidate’s Rotary, civic, and
business or professional activities
2) a signed statement (RI Governor Nominee Data form which is
attached) from the candidate that the person has read, and is familiar with,
the Rotary International Manual of Procedure and District 6990 Manual of
Procedure detailing the status, qualifications and duties of the office of
Governor and is prepared to meet the requirements set forth within both
Qualifications for District Governor are prescribed by the Rotary
International Manual of Procedure (RIMOP). In summary, the RIMOP stipulates
that at the time of selection a governor nominee must:
* be a member in good standing of a Rotary Club in the District
* be a member of a club in District 6990 that has no indebtedness to RI or
* have served a full term as president of a Rotary Club
* demonstrate willingness, commitment and ability to fulfill the duties and
responsibilities of governor
* demonstrate knowledge of the duties and responsibilities of governor and
be willing and able to perform the duties and responsibilities faithfully.
The RIMOP stipulates additional requirements for governor effective at the
time of taking office. Please consult the Manual for these details.
In additional, it is suggested that:
1) Candidates should be a graduate of the Rotary Leadership
2) Candidates should have served as an assistant governor.
3) Candidates should have chaired a district committee.
Please mail completed, unstapled hardcopy packets to:
PDG Larry Herman
Nominating Committee Chair
16101 Emerald Estates Dr.
Weston, FL 33331
The Committee will convene to interview qualified candidates on Saturday,
December 10, 2016. To that end, please use Friday, November 25, 2016 as the
closing date for receipt of candidate packets. Applicants will be given
additional information well in advance of the appointed interview date.
Please contact Nominating Committee Chair PDG Larry Herman, Vice Chair PDG
Joe Roth, or me if you have any questions.
Yours in Rotary Service and Fellowship,
Rotary International District 6990
Categories: Happenings in D6990